We Are a Leader in Auto Electrical in Christchurch
The mechanical components of a vehicle are crucial for its effective functioning, but there is also a need for auto electrical services in Christchurch. Cars comprise electrical components that endure similar wear to other parts. Rocky Auto has a team of trained professionals who are capable of fixing any glitches to get you back on the road, safely.
Signs You Need Auto Electrical in ChCh
The electrical system of a car is a wonder of technology. It’s used to start your engine, turn on your lights, wind down your windows, and lock your doors, among others. Electrical problems offer signals that require the services of a professional.
- When you turn the ignition of your car and nothing happens, it’s a sign that something is wrong with the battery, alternator or starter. You can do a test at home to determine which it is by checking if the interior lights come on when you open the door. If not, the battery is most likely dead. Alternatively, if your lights and other electrical components are functioning, but the car won’t start, it’s the alternator. Finally, if you hear a clicking sound when turning the key, it’s the starter that requires repair.
- Your dashboard lights are indicators when there is a problem with the electronics in your car. Apart from the battery or alternator being responsible, it could be an electronic module. When the voltage drops to a certain level, you will experience dimmer lights, and there may be a deeper auto electrical problem.
- When you’re on the road, and you can get the smell of burning plastic or insulation, you should immediately stop and investigate. The electrical circuit of the car can handle a regulated amount of current. You can check for a blown fuse, replace it to see if everything works and, if not, you require an auto electrician in ChCh.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding an Auto Electrical Service in Christchurch
It’s great that you’re in tune with your car’s needs and aware that it requires an auto electrical service. After taking your car into the auto electrician, avoid these mistakes to ensure a smooth process.
- You must explain the symptoms that your car is demonstrating in detail. Being thorough with your description provides ample information for the auto electrician to determine what the problem is with the vehicle.
- As a car owner, it’s natural to be overprotective of your prized possession. However, you must trust the professional and allow them space to carry out their work. Hanging around to try and direct them to do what you think is wrong won’t help speed up the situation.
- Don’t compromise on the quality of components that need replacement. The auto electrician will suggest what you need to purchase to restore the electrical system such as wiring or sensors, and it must always be of the best possible quality.
About Rocky Auto
We’ve been assisting our community with their cars since the 1950s. There is no problem that our talented team can’t solve. Thanks to our location next to the service station on Port Hill Road, we’re able to offer convenient key pick-ups after business hours.
Contact us to book your car in for an auto electrical inspection in Christchurch.